If you’re inclined to take a lot of pictures, Instagram is a great place to share them. The platform is also the fastest-growing social media property with 1 billion active monthly users. Instagram’s core demographic is users aged 18-29, so a good portion of your potential audience will consist of current and future students.
- Start by searching for people you know and looking at the photos and videos they share.
- Add captions to pictures and, like Twitter, use hashtags so people can find your pictures with a common word and search hashtags of interest to you.
- You can upload more than one picture at a time.
- Filters allow you to add different types of color balance and exposure to your pictures.
- You can upload videos and add effects to them.
- Geotags attach a location to an image, which allows people to see your pictures alongside others from the same location.
- Instagram Stories allow you to share a series of photos and videos that disappear after 24 hours
- Instagram Live lets you broadcast video to followers in real time, but they can only watch while you’re streaming.
- IGTV, Instagram’s new app, allows users to create and share long-form video content — 10 minutes for small accounts and an hour for larger accounts.